Wednesday 19 October 2016

Review: Leaf

Leaf Leaf by Joanne Van Leerdam
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The cover of this novel stood out to me, a simple colorful leaf among black and white pebbles, I think, is befitting this book of poetry.

Now, I'm no poetry expert, but I must say that, Joanne Van Leerdam, really has a way with words. This book is well organized, nicely put together and the poems are spectacular.

I normally don't read a lot of poetry, but I'm sure glad I gave this book a chance. It was a refreshing change of pace from the novels of epic story lines, and I read this book in one sitting.

Each poem is expressed beautifully, urging me to read the next. If poetry is not your usual form of reading pleasure I encourage you to give this one a try.

I give this book 5 of 5 stars and would recommend this novel.

Well done, Joanne Van Leerdam, keep up the outstanding work.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment